“Cyber is not just an IT problem – it is a business problem” Louis Abdilla (Secure Forte)
EPA Asia hosted international leaders to discuss the challenges and opportunities around cybersecurity earlier this month, and there were a few key takeaways:
- Cybersecurity is an overriding concern in all aspects of Payments: Open Banking, Cross Border Payments, Digital Currency or Digital ID – all of the projects being conducted by EPA Asia are affected.
- There is a lack of police interest or response to domestic or cross border cyber fraud. It is an issue that lacks focus by government.
- Barriers to adoption:
- Business not understanding a need for protection
- Lack of understanding of the tools available
- Any organisation is only as strong as the weakest entry point of that organisation
“Until you are hit, you’re not interested”
We see a continuing growing interest in Cyber Security and Fraud and the In Focus series will continue through 2021 with the next event to be announced shortly.
Quote of the Month – Aman Kholi – DXC Technology